In order to help you keep your baby safe and comfortable this summer, we’ve gathered the most essential items that your baby will need on this baby summer clothes checklist. Read on to know which items you are still missing.
Tips to Buying Baby Summer Clothes
- Don't overdress. Remember that you can always pack extra clothes in your diaper bag in case the weather changes. So, if you’re going for a stroll with your baby, only dress them in one layer of clothes.
- Go for soft and breathable fabrics. Cotton, linen, and bamboo rayon are the best fabric option for summer because they are soft-to-the-touch and very breathable. Plus, going for organic baby clothes is also a great idea.
- Choosing the right size. We always recommend parents choose at least one size above to avoid having their babies outgrow the clothes before they’ve even been worn.
- Keep it simple. Baby clothes with features such as ribbons, flower decals, or rhinestones can bother your baby and cause rashes or even choking hazards. So, it’s best to select simple clothes that your kid can wear easily.
- Easy-to-clean clothes. Babies tend to spit out, burp, and drool regularly. So, you will want to go for clothes that are easy to clean and machine washable.
Baby Summer Clothes Checklist
6 - 8 Tops & Tees
Even though you might have many baby items as gifts from friends and relatives, it's no guarantee that you will end up with enough baby tops in your baby's wardrobe. Meanwhile, tops & tees are the most comfortable and practical choice for everyday wear. They not only allow your baby to move freely but can also be worn all day or as pajamas.
Shop Baby Tees & Tops
6-8 One Piece/Bodysuits
On the hottest summer days, short-sleeved bodysuits or onesies are ideal for everyday wear. For cooler days, these baby one-pieces can also be worn underneath other clothes or simply pair them with pants or shorts.
2 UV-Rated Jackets
Remember that babies tend to lose their body temperature faster than adults. So, you still need to ensure that your little one is not being cold throughout the day, especially when the air conditioner is on. We recommend getting baby jackets or cardigans that button up instead of jumpers because these are simply way easier to put on and take off.
Shop Baby Jackets & Coats
4-6 Pair of Socks
Even when it’s summertime, you will still need a few pairs of baby socks to keep your baby’s feet protected and warm at night or when going out.
1 x Sun Hat and Sunglasses
If you are planning to go outside with your baby, don’t forget to shield your little one’s head from UV rays with a cute sun hat. Just make sure that it’s also big enough to cover their ears and the back of their neck. Meanwhile, it is a great idea to safeguard your baby’s eyes by investing in a high-quality pair of sunglasses.
1 x Baby Swimwear
Our Picks for Baby Must-have Summer Clothes
☑ Cartoon Short Sleeve Baby Boy Tee
☑ Baby Fierce Bodysuit
☑ Solid Unisex Baby Denim Jacket
☑ Trilby Floral Beach Hat
☑ Rainbow Printed Ruffle Swimsuit
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, this list has given you an idea of where to start when it comes to preparing your baby's summer clothing. Also, our summer baby clothes checklist is totally adjustable. So, you can always add more items based on the weather and your little one’s unique needs.